Campaign for the Historic Church
St. Mary's Episcopal Church has launched an important Capital Campaign for the restoration and renewal of our Historic Church.
In 1849 Miss Sarah Gibbs donated money and land to bring God's word into the "country." St. Mary's Episcopal Church - a place of architectural uniqueness and quiet reverence is the result of Miss Gibb's vision and generosity.
Every time we visit we are reminded of God’s creation, the generosity of those who have gone before us, and the spiritual gift of St. Mary’s Church.
This remarkable treasure has been cared for with each generation doing its best – but now the church is in need of a major renewal. We need to
1. Remediate mold and water issues in the basement and replace the heating system. [This major task has already been accomplished, thanks to the generosity of members of our congregation!]
2. Replace the slate roof (over 150 years old!) and restore exterior masonry.
3. Restore the church interior, including ceiling, walls and floor.
The leadership of St. Mary’s is committed to fostering a community effort in the renewal of the Historic Church. Our goal is to raise $750,000 over three years to restore the church to its full historic character, beauty and significance.
Please consider making a donation, either monthly or weekly over 3 years, OR a one time gift.
- It's very easy to make an online donation.
- If you prefer, you can use the special pledge card designed for this campaign, which is available at the Church Office. Or call 401-846-9700, Ext. 100, and we will mail you a pledge card.
In addition to gifts from members and friends of St. Mary's, we plan to seek funding from Foundations and Organizations that share our commitment to preserving historic places and are willing to give grants toward that end, and Community Organizations and individuals who use St. Mary’s or appreciate the beauty of the church and its surroundings.
We are also planning several fun, fundraising events that will take place over the next 3 years. Please join as we raise the funds we need.
Thank you to all who decide to pledge and support the renovation of the Historic Church.